THGQ managed the master planning for Pacific Motorway, which included 15km of the Pacific Motorway through Rochedale South, Springwood, Daisy Hill, Shailer Park, and Loganholme.
The project included adding transit lanes, two dedicated motorway bus lanes, the Logan City section of the V1 cycleway and reduction of ramps by use of collector distributors and improvements to geometry to bring the corridor up to standard. Planning was finalised in 2007 and all properties identified where resumed in 2008 to protect the corridor. As part of the project management of the planning, the following activities were undertaken:
- Assisted the Project Director in developing documentation to obtain strategic direction and key stakeholder meetings;
- Procurement of various consultants including engineering and community consultation contracts;
- Management of the engineering services consultant including options development, transport planning, public transport planning, traffic engineering, preliminary highway design, preliminary hydraulic design, constructability, estimates and economic assessments;
- Engagement of departmental services such as Geotechnical Branch to undertake geotechnical investigations and Pavements Branch provide pavement design;
- Participation in the development of community engagement strategies;
- Participation in community engagement activities including property owner meetings, public displays and Community Reference Groups;
- Managed development of resumption plans and resumption package
- Financial management of the planning
- Development of a Business Case for Sections A and B; and
- Preparation of a PPR for Australian Government funding.